Author Topic: Tech2 Options  (Read 76780 times)

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
Tech2 Options
« on: 27 June 2011, 12:25:18 PM »
Twice

Anti Theft

Anti Theft Installation
Without alarm

Alarm - glass break sensor
Alarm - glass break, tilt sensors
For after market fitting or changing of the anti-theft alarm, this must be programmed.

Soundlevel at arm/disarm
Low
HIGH

The sound level of the siren can be selected LOW/HIGH when arming /disarming the alarm. This function does not affect the sound level of the siren when the alarm is activated.

Number of beeps at arming
0-7 beeps

The number of times the siren will beep when the alarm is armed.

Number of beeps at disarming
0-7 beeps

The number of times the siren will beep when the alarm is disarmed.

Number of beeps when opening trunk
0-7 beeps

The number of times the siren is to sound when opening the boot lid/tailgate.

Disarming at low battery voltage
NO
YES

When this function is programmed to “Yes”, the alarm will be disarmed when the voltage falls below 7 Volts.

Sound Activation Time
0-520 s

The time during which the siren sounds when the alarm is tripped.

Flashers Activation Time
0-520 s

The time during which the direction indicators flash when the alarm is tripped.

Self Arming
NO
YES

When this is activated “Yes” the car will self-arm after the self-arming time has elapsed.

Selfarming Time
0-2040 s

Time before the car self-arms.

Central Locking

TSL By 2 Times at Remote Control
NO
YES

Anti-theft security mode by pressing the lock button on the remote control two times in succession within 5 seconds. This function must not be programmed to “Yes” for the US market.

Double Unlocking with Remote Control
NO
YES

TSL Locking with key
NO
YES

Anti-theft security mode by turning the key to the locked position two times in succession within 5 seconds.

Sound Indication At TSL
NO
YES

Speed Dependant Locking Of Trunk
NO
YES

Lock Delay When Not Opening The Trunk
NO
YES

Lock Delay Time After Closing Trunk Lid
NO
YES

Belt Warning Sound
ON
OFF

This function is programmed “Yes” on certain markets.

Transport Mode
ON
OFF

When this is programmed to “Yes”, the central locking and anti-theft security systems do not work. This reduces the rest state current consumption of the TWICE control module

Steering Wheel Position
Left Hand Side
Right Hand Side

Information for pictogram display on the main instrument panel. MIU requires this information so that the pictogram indicates the correct side when the driver's door is opened.

TWICE sends the information on the bus and is read by MIU.

ACC Settings

Temperature Zones
TWO
ONE / TWO

One or two zone control can be selected. If one zone control is selected, then the display will always show the same value for the left and right sides. The temperature can be set with the buttons for the right or left sides.

Left Indoor Temperature Increase

0.0°C
-3.0°C - +3.0°C

The cabin temperature can be increased (or decreased) in relation to the set temperature. A higher value gives a higher cabin temperature in the zone in question.

Right Indoor Temperature Increase
0.0°C
-3.0°C - +3.0°C

The cabin temperature can be increased (or decreased) in relation to the set temperature. A higher value gives a higher cabin temperature in the zone in question.

Fan Delay
0 s
0-30 s

When there is risk of misting up the windscreen when starting the engine, the control module can delay starting the fan until the evaporator temperature has dropped to a level where any humidity will be absorbed. The fan delay will be active at outside temperatures 0-15°C, 0-20°C with low solar intensity.

Solar Sensor
0-255

The value indicates to what degree the solar sensor affects the calculation of the temperature at head height for respective front seat zones. A higher value gives a greater effect.

ACC Will Start In Defrost Below This Temperature
6°C
0-30°C

Cold start. The value indicates below which outside temperature the air distribution starts in defrost position.

Fan Speed Response at New Temperature Setting
0-255

The value indicates how much the fan current is temporarily increased if the temperature setting is changed. A higher value gives greater effect.

Automatic Recirculation Below This Speed:
0-30 km/h

Extended user-programming. The speed limit for the speed-dependent air recirculation can be adjusted. The value indicates the speed below which air recirculation is selected. Fresh air is selected 20 km/h above this speed.

ECON Below This Temperature
10°C
0-18°C

Extended user-programming. The outside temperature limit for ECON can be adjusted. The value indicates the outside temperature below which ECON is selected. ECON is disengaged 3°C above this temperature.

Parking Heater Temperature Control
AUTOMATIC
AUTOMATIC /100 % HEAT

Parking heater. 100% heat or automatic temperature control can be selected.

Parking Heater Fan Current
6 A
5-10 A

Parking heater. Fan current can be adjusted.

Parking Heater Defroster Duration
25 min
0-60 min

Parking heater. The time during which the control module selects air distribution position defrost can be adjusted. When the time has passed, defrost/floor is selected.

Latest Manual Selection At Ignition On
NO
YES / NO

If YES is selected, then the control module will always select the latest manual setting when the ignition is turned on.

Temperature Defroster to Defroster/Floor on Cold Start
0°C
-10°C - +10°C

Cold start. The coolant temperature at which air distribution switches from defrost to defrost/floor can be changed in relation to the normal value of 65°C. A higher value means a later switch to defroster/floor.

Lighting

Audible Key Warning
YES
NO

The warning for key left in ignition with door open is programmable.

Daylight Driving Lights
Alternative 1
Alternative 2
Alternative 3

Alternative 1: Fuse 35 removed. Light switch in position 1 or 2 will result in no lights at all. Switch in position 3 gives dipped beam.

Alternative 2: Light switch in position 1 gives dipped beam and in position 2 no lights at all. Switch in position 3 gives dipped beam.

Alternative 3: Dipped beam in all positions.

Alternative 1: All markets except SE and CA.

Alternative 2: SE

Alternative 3: CA

Fog Light Variant
Alternative 1
Alternative 2
Alternative 3

The extra front-mounted fog lights can be controlled in 3 ways.

Alternative 1: The fog lights can be turned on if the light switch is in position 1 or 2, independent of whether the headlamps are on.

Alternative 2: Fog lights cannot be turned on when headlamps are on and the light switch is in position 1 or 2.

Alternative 3: Fog lights activated together with main beam when light switch is in position 2 or if light switch is in position 1 (no headlamps).

Alternative 1: All markets except US and CA.

Alternative 2: US/CA

Alternative 3: -

Fan Variant
Single Fan/Dual Fans
Cars with A/C radiator fan.
Cars with A/C 1 radiator fan.

DICE is programmed for applicable specification.

A/C System Configuration
YES
NO

Programmed Yes if A/C fitted.
No if A/C not fitted.

Front Wiper Extra Wipe
YES
NO

To avoid water running on the windscreen, the windscreen wipers can be programmed to make an extra wipe 10 seconds after the washer function has been active.

Lights On Warning
YES
NO

Warns for lights on when the key is removed from the ignition switch.

Follow Me Home Light Active Time

Light Active Time
20/25/30/35/40/45/50 s

The follow me home light active time can be programmed. The time which the dipped beam stays on can be programmed in steps between 20 and 50 seconds when the function is active.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
Re: Tech2 Options
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2011, 09:03:28 AM »
Excllent Mark

I have had quite a few of these done last time I was at dealers.

I do like the idea of doors locking when moving off - especially if wife driving with handbag on passenger seat!

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
There are lots of other things too such as:

- changin the wheel/tyre size for speedo accuracy
- how far the boost gauge moves

I'll see if I can dig them out

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 16
  • MY04 9-5 Aero auto estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
I do like the idea of doors locking when moving off - especially if wife driving with handbag on passenger seat!

I've always hated the rolling lock and couldn't get it taken off the current car soon enough, though obviously it depends where you live (and what your wife does with her handbag...). Maybe I'm just claustrophobic, but, Saabs esp being such secure cars, I shudder at the thought of people trying to get in and help you in the event of an accident. I just punch the central locking button when urban!

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
Wonders... is there an auto unlock in the event of an accident?

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
Wonders... is there an auto unlock in the event of an accident?

Now that's a good point: it's a smart car so that might well have been designed in (e.g. if airbags deployed doors unlock).

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2011, 05:25:14 PM »
As far as I'm aware from bodyshop - the collision sensors for the airbag deployment release the locking mechnism.

I might have misheard but it is certainly plausable if my old Volvo 940 had it!

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2011, 05:41:26 PM »
As far as I'm aware from bodyshop - the collision sensors for the airbag deployment release the locking mechnism.
I might have misheard but it is certainly plausable if my old Volvo 940 had it!

Yup, that does make sense.

But then if you don't manually deploy the central locking you forfeit the pleasure of hearing your kids say "Dad, are we in the badlands?"...

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2011, 06:17:37 PM »
I'm sure that I've read somewhere that in the event of an accident locked doors are much safer than unlocked. The reason being that if they are unlocked the doors may open themselves at an inopportune moment but if they are locked they will stay shut so you can't get ejected from the vehicle (which can happen even with seatbelts on) and no limbs can get crushed (which happened to a friend of mine who was a passenger in a car when he only had the window open and his arm flung out the window).

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
See what you're saying quino...............I actually carry a glass hammer as I have been first on the scene of loads of accidents where doors were still shut and locked and no one could get in................ Its quite surprising now though with the number of vehicles having a/c that very few drive around with windows down!

My only fears are finding accidents with soft tops involved - as you say flying limbs (not always attached)!

I'm pretty sure there is a fail safe that activates with airbags to allow doors to be opened - most locks are burst proof anyway even when unlocked.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2011, 06:03:53 PM »
There is also a secondary risk that the locks get opened by people flailing around. Anyhow, I carry about one of these for emergency entry as my glass break hammer:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?TYPE=PRODUCT&CATEGORY=FORCIBLE+ENTRY+TOOLS&PARTNUMBER=55-121

8)

(it's also useful for removing bits of rubbing bodywork when someone has driven into your car)

phil-saab

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2011, 08:32:33 AM »
- most locks are burst proof anyway even when unlocked.

And there is the answer Jim,  you dont really need to lock 'em because im sure i'm right in thinking Saab's have burst proof locks. ;)

aljshep

• Saabisti
  • 2 x 9-5 TE (2.3T saloon and 1.9TiD estate)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2011, 08:51:31 AM »
I have bought six new (or pre-reg) 9-5s since 2003.  The first couple came with a booklet listing many of these options for the customer to select what he wanted and these were programmed in free of charge by the dealer.  Then there was no booklet and I asked the supplying dealer to make some adjustment to my favourites (eg number of seconds for the boot to lock after moving off).  I was told that these was no longer possible.

So, was the dealer being unco-operative or has the system changed since 2006 or thereabouts?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
My 2007 9-5 still had the Tech 2 lists in the back of the service book, even though I bought it as a used car.

Local dealer set it all up to be much the same as the 2002 car for me.

Ther might be some minor differences, but it looked much the same.
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 09:31:03 AM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

frank2029

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2011, 02:02:03 AM »
I got my mechanic to set my 9-5 so that my car doors all lock at 10KM/hr the other day. The car has locked me out twice now while i was in the trunk sorting things out. The first happened randomly and i went through hell to get home and back to my car running for hours! The 2nd time i rolled town the windows to see if it would do it again and it did!... Going to get the bloody thing changed back to no autolocks!