Author Topic: Wash leather  (Read 12671 times)

Petemate

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 11
  • 2008 9-3 150 Tid Sportwagon Kennington Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Wash leather
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
Was just getting ready to close the PC down at work before the nice quiet drive home (CC on once on M40 at 80 mph...lol) and thought I'd check the forum. Nice post - loads of great info, many thanks. Planning to clean the insides of my winter wheels before I fit them next week on my days off, and I will clean the others between then and 01 Mar 2012!!
G'night all
Pete

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
I have recently acquired a spare set of wheels - one is literally as new, the other three seem in better condition than my existing ones.
They got the snow-foam treatment, followed by my wash technique but the insides were covered in tar and  some sort of waxoyl stuff, not to mention the baked-on brake dust. - So I had to resort to using  Wonder Wheels  to get them properly clean. I dont really care for using it but sometimes needs must.
Washed them again, and dried them. Then two coats of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine with a dwell time of 40 mins each coat. With no tyres fitted the entire wheel was treated  :)

Tomorrow I fit a set of Dunlop Snow Sport 3Ds ...Then I'm skint  :-\
« Last Edit: 24 October 2011, 09:39:55 AM by Trenchfoot »

Petemate

• Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
I have recently acquired a spare set of wheels - one is literally as new, the other three seem in better condition than my existing ones.
They got the snow-foam treatment, followed by my wash technique but the insides were covered in tar and  some sort of waxoyl stuff, not to mention the baked-on brake dust. - So I had to resort to using  Wonder Wheels  to get them properly clean. I dont really care for using this stuff but sometimes needs must.
Washed them again, and dried them. Then two coats of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine with a dwell time of 40 mins each coat. With no tyres fitted the entire wheel was treated  :)

Tomorrow I fit a set of Dunlop Snow Sport 3Ds ...Then I'm skint  :-\

Well done that man - now set up for winter's worst! I like the wheel treatment; my winters are not too bad but do need a good clean.
Off to work
Pete

saab talladega turbo

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 April 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
Petemate! When you've finished with the leather soak it in a nice soapy warm water for 5 mins then just wring it out and hang it to dry. That's what I did when I was valentine and very rarely bought a new leather. Probably bought one every month but that was due to using it on about 50 cars a week.

Petemate

• Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 April 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
Cheers - I'll try that.
Pete