Author Topic: What’s inside the black box on Pos battery terminal (Battery Main Switch)?  (Read 3514 times)

skos

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • Always Pay it Forward! 2007 2.8L 9-3 Aero converti
    • View Profile
What’s inside the black box on Pos battery terminal (Battery Main Switch)?

Most likely I have a going bad Battery Main Switch.  It looks like a coil and a resistor.
Does anyone have a schematic for this Battery Main Switch or know what components are inside.

chris aka zaphod

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • GWS, Bristol
    • View Profile
    • Great Western Saabs
It is a disconnect switch in the event of a crash, so I would expect something simple.

skos

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • Always Pay it Forward! 2007 2.8L 9-3 Aero converti
    • View Profile
I don’t believe it is that simple.  I spent a lot of time doing a Google search on it and it creates havoc.  Those that moved the battery to the trunk found that out right away.  This little device is over 200 bucks and it can stop your car from starting even if it is not tripped.

I had a bad battery and most likely this switch.  A load test came out the battery was good but was just a little low on charge.  After charging it up overnight I still had same issues of running very bad.  This just happened after the car sat for a couple weeks.  Also this battery was the 2nd “Interstate” battery that went bad in less than 4 years. 

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER “INTERSTATE” BATTERY AGAIN!