Author Topic: Amp2 upgrade  (Read 2937 times)

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
Amp2 upgrade
« on: 05 July 2019, 06:01:15 AM »
Hi all, i have the 4 speaker system on my 93 SS, upgraded to 7 speaker without tech 2 and it worked until i disconnected it to connect amp2 and then nothing worked, my radio wouldn't come on.

My question is, can amp1 and amp2 be added without the loop being complete or can it be added with the complete loop on the 4 speaker mode.

I took mine to Saab bond Street Leicester and tech 2 will not add amp1 and amp2 because the loop wasn't complete, they didn't have my time to start diagnosing what's wrong, so here i am again.

Any contribution will be appreciated.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Amp2 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Could you by-pass the CD changer?  It's not an essential part of the system.  That might allow you to add the other amps.  Then, if they add OK, try again with the CD changer back in the loop.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2019, 08:22:04 PM »
Thanks, i have never considered it, but I'll give it a go.
I'll have some spare time time this weekend to try it and see how it goes.

Reginald
Reggy.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
Could you by-pass the CD changer?  It's not an essential part of the system.  That might allow you to add the other amps.  Then, if they add OK, try again with the CD changer back in the loop.

Tried to bypass the cd changer today, but it wasn't having it, the radio would not come on, therefore amp1 and amp2 cannot be added, so i changed it back to factory settings and the radio and cd changer worked fine.
I think it's time to buy my own tech 2...

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
I've found my Tech2 to be invaluable.  We have two Saabs and I've had the Tech2 for six years.  The local garage started charging £35+VAT for a diagnosis, later rising to £45+VAT.  The Tech2 has paid for itself many times over.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
I've found my Tech2 to be invaluable.  We have two Saabs and I've had the Tech2 for six years.  The local garage started charging £35+VAT for a diagnosis, later rising to £45+VAT.  The Tech2 has paid for itself many times over.

I bet your enjoying your Saab's with tech2 withing range, lol. Its worth getting especially if one is gonna keep it for long, i'm gonna keep mine for long bcos of the good body work and half decent engine it has. I have spent at least £200 travelling to and fro to get equipment added and diagnosed, by now i would have been £50 short of getting at least a cloned Tech2.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2019, 09:28:48 PM »

Tried to bypass the cd changer today, but it wasn't having it, the radio would not come on, therefore amp1 and amp2 cannot be added, so i changed it back to factory settings and the radio and cd changer worked fine.

Update on this, in my amp2 upgrade, the fibre that goes from no 2 on icm to 1 on EHU was not replaced with a new fibre, rather it was reused in the connection between icm and no 1 on amp2, could that be the problem why the light is not coming out of cd changer when amp1 and amp2 are connected? My thinking is fibre is fibre as long as its connected in the right order.

Let me know what you all think.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2019, 03:08:00 AM »

Update on this, in my amp2 upgrade, the fibre that goes from no 2 on icm to 1 on EHU was not replaced with a new fibre, rather it was reused in the connection between icm and no 1 on amp2, could that be the problem why the light is not coming out of cd changer when amp1 and amp2 are connected? My thinking is fibre is fibre as long as its connected in the right order.

Let me know what you all think.
Hi just thinking about this again, do i have to programme amp1 before programming amp2 and so on to the other units, at the minute i have the 4 speaker set up, but amp1 and amp2 have been plugged in and connected. Tech 2 says  break in fibre optic loop, i have gone round twice or more and can't see any break. The break is at in dash cd changer, changed the fibre optic cables there but no luck.
Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Mrqng78

• Linear
  • Saab 93 linear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2019, 04:15:52 AM »
Hi all, question, the premium 300 installation manual mentions a fibre optic on the right side of the car, where is this connected to and where is it coming from? Also step 91 says activate side windows pinch up and down twice and a confirmation beep will be heard, it doesn't say which side windows, is it left and right front, all four or just the drivers side.