Author Topic: Tinted window alternative  (Read 1166 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Tinted window alternative
« on: 21 February 2023, 02:02:36 PM »
This appeared as I was scrolling through Facebook.just wondered if anyone had any experience of this? They do do kits for the 9-3ss.

https://solarplexius.co.uk/uk/product/saab-9-3-2/?bodyType=sedan&modelYear=2002-2014

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Tinted window alternative
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2023, 02:44:32 PM »
I fitted a set to my 9-5.  Just the rear bits.  But with my ageing eyes, I found that it was difficult to see through the three-quarter view over my shoulder, especially in twilight.  So I sold the set on.

The fit was really good, and it was easy to fit.  Just use some soft gloves to avoid fingermarks on the side next to the glass which you can't clean off once the panel is in place. 

I only fitted the the rear screen, the rear side windows in the estate and the "quarterlight" bits in the rear doors.  If you fit the panels over the windows in the rear doors, you won't be able to open them, but with a solid sheet of plastic in place, there's no point in opening the window!

My photos are from 8 years ago.  I thonk they may have a choice of colours and/or tint level now.

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.