Author Topic: Portable car lift  (Read 1443 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Portable car lift
« on: 27 April 2022, 09:57:56 PM »

wrighar

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Portable car lift
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2022, 09:12:24 AM »
My uncle has something similar he has used for years while rebuilding his MGBGT.

He's an ex casualty consultant and orthopedic surgeon and very risk adverse.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2022, 10:32:55 AM »
Probably, depends on the lock out system, I might well have axle stands too and would not work alone though.

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2022, 11:38:42 AM »
I seem to keep seeing these sort of ads on Facebook (probably becuase I clicked on one once!!!  ::) )

But look at the prices of them? Seems ridiculously cheap. Problem is they are in America, so I though the cost of shipping would probably outweigh any discount - but it suggests free shipping??

https://biiteo.com/product/the-free-standing-lift/?fbclid=IwAR1oHVIa3CneD5gxChl7YAk8V_G_2YkB61oOI_93OPJmOKnt3myXHcePoGk

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2022, 08:25:58 PM »
I seem to keep seeing these sort of ads on Facebook (probably becuase I clicked on one once!!!  ::) )

But look at the prices of them? Seems ridiculously cheap. Problem is they are in America, so I though the cost of shipping would probably outweigh any discount - but it suggests free shipping??

https://biiteo.com/product/the-free-standing-lift/

That's scammy as anything, the site is ripping off costco branding and was created 1 month ago. If you buy from there you will never get the product. Those lifts are German made and cost around €7000 according to some sites and weigh 900kg. I don't see that you're getting one of them delivered for $150!

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2022, 02:46:42 PM »

https://biiteo.com/product/the-free-standing-lift/

That's scammy as anything, the site is ripping off costco branding and was created 1 month ago. If you buy from there you will never get the product. Those lifts are German made and cost around €7000 according to some sites and weigh 900kg. I don't see that you're getting one of them delivered for $150!

Everything Audax says  - it's a scam.  Like the Facebook pages that ask you what was your favourite food as a child, or who remembers donkey rides on the beach, or see how you score in a quiz?  They just want your money, or your contact details, or both.

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2022, 11:11:26 PM »
Yep well I did suspect that. It is Costco branding but not a Costco site. I would have expected these to cost a whole lot more than that.

I don't think I would buy anything from an ad like that on Facebook anyway.

But these sort of ramps intrigued me.