Author Topic: Dodgy horn?  (Read 1495 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Dodgy horn?
« on: 08 May 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
Now, don't laugh!!!

But I used the Aero the other day to take number one son and one of his team mates to football training. As we pulled up outside their house, I sounded the horn. Much to the amusement of the boy, it didn't sound right at all!!! Sort of a two tone affair, that was neither purposeful nor manly (ha ha)!!

I've had the car since Christmas, but never used the horn until now.

Do you think it is just a case of getting a new sounder?

If I can get a recording of it, I may post it on here ;)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Dodgy horn?
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
There are two horns behind the bumper.  High and Low.  I suspect that one has stopped working.  They are quite exposed.  May just be a bit of corrosion on a terminal.

I think it's a bumper off job.  Sounds a big job but the bumper will come off in 10 minutes.  Three bolts in the front of each wheel arch.  Fasteners and screws across the top between the headlamps.  Pull out the sides of the bumper from under the headlamp.  Maybe a hard pull if it's been there for ever and has mud and grit in there.  There are screws to the undertray as well for complete removal, but it might tip forward enough to get at the horns without doing underneath. It does on the 9-5.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgy horn?
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2018, 03:53:10 PM »
ones behind the grill other behind one of the foglamps(I think(been awhile).