Author Topic: Windscreen washer - no go  (Read 7274 times)

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Windscreen washer - no go
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2018, 07:36:20 AM »

Anyway being ignorant is better than being self opinionated...and lacking in a sense of humour!

Shame when someone exhibits all these traits but can't see it though, wouldn't you agree?

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2018, 07:37:41 AM »
I cycle aswell as drive..

To true, it's why I always challenge people making it about them and us. The roads are there for all road users and should be shared sensibly and not in a way that generates conflict.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2018, 08:59:00 AM »
Which is why our parish council has asked the local cycle clubs to be more considerate when riding round our single track roads here. It can get pretty dire coming round a corner and be confronted by a road full of cyclists with no intention of singling up to pass - at least tractors and other traffic pull over. We have no footpaths in our village and recently a pedestrian was knocked over by a cyclist from a large group............no one stopped to help the person knocked over; cyclist got back on bike and carried on apparently simply uttering a few swear words about getting off the road according to the other pedestrian. Police are investigating as pedestrian was left badly bruised!!!!

I have nothing against cyclists as long as they act sensibly. It get's my gaul when they go across red lights but this seems to be getting better since the police have been catching them and issuing fines. Drivers in Norwich moan when cyclists use the road instead of the expensive cycle paths provided!

Max - I do understand aerodynamics which is why I slow right down - I hate being tailgated a few feet away.................

End of subject.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2018, 02:00:57 PM »
I have nothing against cyclists as long as they act sensibly. It get's my gaul when they go across red lights but this seems to be getting better since the police have been catching them and issuing fines. Drivers in Norwich moan when cyclists use the road instead of the expensive cycle paths provided!

Part of the problem with that is the people who design cycle paths don't cycle, many of the paths around Norwich are shockingly bad design. We have one cycle path locally where a foot path crosses the cycle path that is parallel to the road, the part where the footpath crosses the cycle path has a chicane so cyclists have to stop and wheel the bike around but there are no measures on the road to slow down cars so no sensible cyclist bothers using the path in the first place. :-\

I would also hazard a guess that the same people who would quite happily ride off after causing an accident when they are cycling are exactly the same people who when driving a vehicle drive off and do not stop if they cause an accident. However for some reason the very small number of cyclists who do this seem to be disproportionately reported in the press but when people who do this in a car you don't hear much of it (probably because it happens so often it's not "news"). I've personally been hit by car mirrors twice while cycling because the drivers were not overtaking sensibly (and no, I wasn't in a group as I cycle by myself!) and neither time did they stop, I guess that the drivers didn't feel a needn't need to even attempt to cross the white lines on a dual width road while they were overtaking!

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
New pump fitted and all now working - took me roughly 20 mins start to finish. Now I have a new issue - burnt fuel smell coming through ventilation system - this was cured earlier in year with new flexi-pipe but it appears to have come back but not as strong. The smell seems to come from under the engine cover oddly.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Check the oil level on your car immediately, if it's the problem with the diesel getting into the sump it could get very expensive very quickly! Hopefully not but it's worth a check.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2018, 08:38:15 AM »
I did check the oil and it was below top mark by about 2mm - car runs like a dream - I was down in East Sussex and Kent doing surveys yesterday so covered around 300 miles mostly motorway and after re-set at home car averaged 58.8 over the day.