Author Topic: Anyone got one?  (Read 34391 times)

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone got one?
« Reply #31 on: 09 March 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
They are both a lot of car for Mondeo money!

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 March 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
They do have very nice rear ends :D

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #33 on: 09 March 2012, 04:45:11 PM »
I keep seeing a white one parked up just outside Witney at Macs garage - I have to say it looks even better in white!  8)

Petemate

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 11
  • 2008 9-3 150 Tid Sportwagon Kennington Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 March 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
I detect a small amount of Saab DNA in that rear end. The look and sweep of the rear screen, also I recall there were reflective decor panels available between the rear lights of some models and the one on that rear reminds me of them.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 March 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
Even at those prices I'd say they are stupidly overpriced. There are not many people out there with any experience of this car to be able to repair it, there will be early day issues that will (probably) never be fixed, Saab built something like 12000 of them and I just can't see the parts supply for that few cars ever happening if Saab are not bought out and even if they are a new owner may not want to continue with this 9-5. Also you need different diagnostic gear with them, Tech-II is no longer used, I can see them being a very expensive £17k ornament  ;D

Petemate

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 11
  • 2008 9-3 150 Tid Sportwagon Kennington Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 April 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
En route to have my a/con checked this morning at about 10.25, saw a silver one coming Oxford-bound out of Abingdon, private plate, G-something. It looked lovely. They are tons better in the flesh than in any pictures. However, I have to agree with Audax to a great extent in that it is a shame that there will be service & repair issues.
Pete

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 16
  • MY04 9-5 Aero auto estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 April 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
En route to have my a/con checked this morning at about 10.25, saw a silver one coming Oxford-bound out of Abingdon, private plate, G-something. It looked lovely. They are tons better in the flesh than in any pictures.

I don't think they look bad in the pictures but I agree, I see one occasionally in Oxford and they're a lovely shape for a large exec saloon. Such a pity they're so exotically rare.

stevetreacy

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 7
  • MY01 95 V6 Griffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 June 2012, 06:24:07 PM »
Hi,
I see one every day on may to work now. 11 plate Aero in silver being driven by a lady I would say in her early fifties. Is such a better looking car on the road and to be honest a lot of new Exec cars are beginning to look a little similiar in areas. Maybe one morning she might acknowledge a fellow saab driver, all be it a little dated but just as rare being an 01 griffin.

steve

Griffin Dave

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 June 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
Only 296 of us Griffin drivers left on the road Steve !
I'm looking to replace our E-class later this year and I'm very tempted by the new 9-5, just a little worried about parts in a few years time.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #40 on: 03 June 2012, 11:39:33 PM »
Even if the "New Saab" doesn't happen, most of the mechanical parts will be familiar to Vauxhall Insignia mechanics.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

mikeloadsasaabs

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 23
  • Was 9-5 Aero auto estate with Maptun Stage 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 June 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
A quick Autotrader search throws up a couple of 9-5s from the Ivan Wilson group that claim to be the last, and second to last, ever produced, both with just 10 miles on the clock  :o

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 June 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
Ivan Wilson is the garage that bought the last batch of right-hand drive cars from Trollhättan last month.  But they are a distance from us in England.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

neverbeenalemming

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 March 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
First Post so be gentle...
Hello, hope this finds you all well.

I've got a 60 plate 95 Auto in Black, and I bloody love it, it's a LOT of car for the money, my 3 girls love it, and its an absolute dream to drive and the seating for long journeys is pure bliss.

When I bought it, I thought "Ha! NO ONE round me has one of these!" (As I honestly hadn't seen another)

What pulls up next to me at the lights at the bottom of the hill to my house?

Yes, a Black 10 plate 95, we had a brief moment where we just pointed at each other, laughed and then they went left, I went right, you couldn't make it up could you???!!!

Now I see him quite often, its around 600 yards from my house!

There is a rather nice Grey Aero I see on the M60 frequently, I swear she waits for me, as she knows I would have loved to buy it...

Anyway, I've only had 2 issues, once the air con packed in, weird, so I just took the fuse out, checked it (It was okay) put it back in, it seemed to reboot, its been fine since (7 months ago)(Microsoft maybe??? :-)

The other was the heated seat stopped working, it was fine though, as its an Auto, I just drove it from the passenger seat until I warmed up and then slid over, I know, I'm kidding, gets replaced next week, don't know why I'm bothering, what with how great the weather has been lately??!!

Oh, it was a dream in the snow also, I passed so many Mercs and BM's who were stranded, it was really upsetting, honestly, it took seconds to get over the trauma...

Like I said, really pleased I haven't felt the need to go German and everyone who goes in it is really very impressed with it, more importantly, it does the job, and in some comfort as well!

I'll keep you posted on its future performance if anyone is interested?

« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 10:00:30 PM by neverbeenalemming »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 March 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
Welcome! :)

Thanks for the comments.  I looked at one a couple of years ago, but felt it was just too big around here with all the width restrictions.  Then I thought I might be tempted by an estate, but they never made them.

Keep us posted!