The Forecourt > Cleaning and Detailing

Hazy bonnet and boot badges

(1/2) > >>

Steve McF:
This topic comes up now and again - what to do about those faded Saab badges on your bonnet and boot. I've seen ones that have lost all their colour, but mine are not that far gone. So, I was wondering if T-Cut on the badge would restore the sheen, and then a coat of lacquer over the top would fix it once and for all.

Anyone tried this?

TomPaine:
Are they still available? If so (and they don't cost much) then it might be simplest just to replace. I think that's generally been the fix of choice on here.

sgould:
Bill Jones at www.saabits.com was offering some new badges, but they may be for the older cars.  Otherwise, T-Cut is worth a try.

Steve McF:
Well tonight I spotted the T Cut headlamp lens polish kit that I used on the yellowed and hazy headlamps on my Peugeot 107. And in a fit of inspiration I thought I'd try it on my hazy and faded Saab badges.

Didn't take long, and I wish I'd taken some before pics. Sadly I didn't, but the colour seems to have come up a treat, even if the shine isn't quite as new. But I only had a quick go, so it may require a bit more elbow grease. But the haze has gone....  :)

sgould:
Cheap fix! Always good! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version