Author Topic: 04 Zafira diesel, cooling disaster (??) on M5 - engine not dead!!!  (Read 47016 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Re: 04 Zafira diesel, cooling disaster (??) on M5 - engine not dead!!!
« Reply #105 on: 29 October 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
Just been down the Vauxhall dealer and invested in a new alternator belt, and top and bottom hoses to the tune of almost £63!

Had a look at the hoses and I hope they are the right ones. Perhaps the design has evolved a bit, but they look slightly smaller diameter. Won't know until I try and get the car on a ramp at work tomorrow and offer them up.

The part numbers that I have on the invoice are:
    Top hose - 24421116
    Bottom hose - 90573220

Hoping to flush out the Wynns with fresh water tomorrow, and then fit the new expansion tank and hoses before adding coolant.....that's the plan anyway :)

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29 October 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Looked up those part numbers on Google, and came across the same parts being sold at the same price (inc VAT) by another VX dealer, and listings suggest they are the right ones ;) Phew......

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 30 October 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
Now we're motoring.....as a well known UK automotive manufacturer used to say in the 80's ;)

After work this eve, and with some help from a couple of the lads in the workshop at work, drained the system of the Wynns coolant flush again. More slivers of oily stuff in the water, but ran cold water through rad, thermostat into engine again, and took off old expansion tank and poured water back through the hose at the base of that ;) All looking OK.

So on went the new wonderfully clean expansion tank and cap, and the new top hose, which was definitely not swollen like the old one. I wanted to change the bottom hose, but couldn't get to it very easily (no ramps available to get to the underside of the engine), so I left that for now, as the missus needed me home before 8 :)

We then put the 50-50 coolant in (at last :D).

Drove the car home, no probs, nice warm air out of all vents, and a certain feeling of satisfaction :D If I don't get to do the bottom hose this side of Xmas, then at least the coolant is in the system.

Need to get the alternator belt done, and then we're pretty much there I think ;)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #108 on: 30 October 2013, 09:50:38 PM »
Yeay! :)
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.