Author Topic: A couple of suggestions?  (Read 21733 times)

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
Re: A couple of suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
Would it be possible to add a "View my posts" button so that I get a page which would show me all the threads on which I have commented?

Or is there already a way to do this that I haven't yet found?  :-[

There is a way.  When you are logged in, go to PROFILE > SUMMARY then on the left below your name there is a link that says SHOW POSTS.

You could always copy the URL for this link and add it as a bookmark to your browser for easy access.

It's perhaps not as integrated and elegant as we'd all like, but it makes it possible to do what you want.  I think?

Remember, there is always the Show new replies to your posts. link at the top of the page which is slightly different but also helpful.

Well found! I would never thought of looking there!

OK, could that feature be added to the top of the page more directly? ie as a link placed adjacent to the other options of 'Home / Help / Search / Profile / My Messages /  Calendar / Members / Logout' that sit at the top of the page already

Saab93aero

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 July 2011, 12:10:15 AM »
Just wondering if it would be good to have a modding section and a how to section?

thought i would throw it out there for you guys.:)

Again, good suggestions.

At the moment the concern is that we introduce too many forums that makes it confusing and unweildy with people being unsure where to post.

A modding section could be useful.  The How-To section - what do you have in mind?  Can these exist in forums as stickied topics (such as the Tech II info already posted) or will there be too many for this?  Let us know more of your thoughts?

Definitely, a 'Modding/Performance' forum the same as the Saabscene Performance Workshop is a must!
My opinion is this should remain seperate to other main forums rather than stickied within-this would make it easier to search and navigate for specific subjects and the sheer number of mod/upgrade options would surely warrant it's own area?

chris_de_ze

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 2
  • Founding member of saabforum.gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
Please forgive my stupid question!
I know that STT stands for Saab Tech Talk (it's written on each and every page of the forum)
However, I have seen some members distinguished as "SST paid up supporter"
What SST stands for?
Or SST is a misspelling of STT?
« Last Edit: 25 November 2011, 06:54:21 PM by chris_de_ze »

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
I see that I have been afflicted with this. All I can think is that it has to be a case of dyslexia.

I only found out I suffered with this when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Definitely diselxya....
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Hawkwind

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 1
  • 2001 Saab 93 Convertible
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 February 2013, 01:10:22 AM »
Just a suggestion, but I'm also a member of a motorbike forum and they have a ''sticky'' entitled ''what I did to my bike today'', listing anything and everything they've done, from mechanical stuff to modding or just routine maintenance.

Makes interesting reading and keeps a constant flow of posts through the forum, which in turn encourages members to visit the site more frequently.

Just a suggestion.  :)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 February 2013, 09:47:19 AM »
I quite like that idea.   :)

It would get some stuff up on the board rather than waiting for someone to have a problem.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 February 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
I quite like that idea.   :)

It would get some stuff up on the board rather than waiting for someone to have a problem.

I agree - should we start this in Off-Topic as it could apply to any Saab? I'd be fine with people putting details of other cars / boats whatever.

Anyone want to start up a topic? I've not done a lot on mine recently, other than it had it's first wash for months at the weekend  :-[

Hawkwind

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 1
  • 2001 Saab 93 Convertible
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 March 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
OK I'll make a start in 'Off Topic' if nobody else minds.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 March 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
You've started.  I'll add something as soon as I've actually done something!! :)