Author Topic: P1334  (Read 7629 times)

pompey

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Re: P1334
« Reply #15 on: 10 April 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
Well, there certainly were not any visible cracks in the underside of the DI unit although the number 4 connector had "damage" to the rubber seal at it's tip as shown on the picture - half of has disintergrated or burnt away it seems. To those who found the cracks in their DI units did you have to dismantle it first and, if so, do you need to be cautious of any stored charge in the unit?

I think the plugs were OK but I was hoping someone with my technical prowess than myself could check that photo and verify for me please. The spark plugs are 1 to 4 left to right.

BTW the other codes were P1312 and the bloody P1230 again even though I have had the throttle body re-programmed 6m ago and done over 1,000 miles since without any repeats of the TB problems.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2014, 06:16:50 PM by pompey »

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 April 2014, 06:22:55 PM »
I wouldn't bother with further diagnostics, buy a new DI and buy new plugs, it's the only way to be sure. Does the number 4 connector smell of burned electronics? You may have triggered a throttle body code simply because the DI was causing the ECU to do odd things.

pompey

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 April 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Audax.

The thing is I'm loathed to spend any more money on this car when I am expecting to be in possession of a newer model 9-5 in a few months and won't get much more for this current one. I'm watching a 2nd hand DI on eBay for less than £30 and what seems to a new one for £85 although I'm not sure if it is a genuine Saab part. I could stomach spending up to £85 (but would rather spend the lesser amount!) if I was positive this is the problem.

Have DI units been known to fail in the way I have indicated?

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2014, 08:17:43 AM »
Have DI units been known to fail in the way I have indicated?

They do fail in this manner, does it smell of burned electronics? If so then it's entirely likely to be the cause. Don't bother with buying a new one for £85 as that will be non-genuine rubbish, I'd rather risk a second-hand genuine unit from ebay or a breaker. If you are replacing with another 9-5 and you're going for another petrol then you could buy a new one and swap it over to the new car? It's a bit confusing with posts in 2 threads btw so I'll reply to the other one in a second.