Author Topic: Selling a 9000  (Read 5128 times)

banger

• Vector
  • Number of thanks: 1
  • Saab 95/05 Linear 2.2 TiD
    • View Profile
Selling a 9000
« on: 07 June 2013, 04:35:25 PM »
My dad has just died and I am his executor. He used to drive a black 9000 CSE 2.3 Turbo with scottish leather seats, R reg, taxed and MOT til March next year.

The ABS light is on and clutch a bit stiff with a few marks on bodywork. My job is to get as much for the car as possible. Can anyone suggest the best way to dispose of the car and how much it is realistically worth?

Edit: Miles is 110K I think, need to check.
cheers

Tim
« Last Edit: 07 June 2013, 04:39:24 PM by banger »

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Selling a 9000
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad, but if you want to get rid of the car and get the price then I'd suggest you advertise it on uksaabs and on here but put on plenty of pictures and tell everyone what's working and what's not (aircon, elec windows, heated seats etc.), also what's the service history like? Also do you know if it has the Aero turbo fitted (the '98 run out models did and this could be one) if it does that will make it worth a bit more. Another common problem is rust on 9000's, around the windscreen and the front wings get crusty so what condition they are in might affect values. Finally where are you in the UK?

I'd say a realistic price is anywhere from £600 - £1200 (that's at the high end if it's a bit rough around the edges, but possibly achievable if it has a good history and you get the ABS light sorted, I always found FPT 9000's to have a heavy clutch) depending on MOT and tax status too.

Actually, don't advertise it on here... I might want to buy it  ;D

chris aka zaphod

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • GWS, Bristol
    • View Profile
    • Great Western Saabs
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2013, 02:37:34 PM »
You have a message.

banger

• Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2013, 08:02:19 PM »
Got your message Chris. Unfortunately it is a bit rough round the edges having been an insurance write off and rebuild with new front wing and drivers door. Doubt it is an Aero turbo and it has had two passenger doors front and back due to a scrape, unfortunately rear door trim doesnt match. Windows and heated seats work, there is one key and two programmed fobs. Cant remember any rust around the windscreen or wings, will need to get it out the garage and check. It has been garaged most of its life so hopefully rust shouldnt be a problem. Aircon is ok and was re-charged at rebuild. Think 3 owners but again need to check, standard alloy wheels, and probate solicitor has cleared it for sale.

Edit: Based in North East near Sunderland.

banger

• Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2013, 08:44:36 PM »
Guess my last post put interested parties off.