Author Topic: Sprucing up your pre facelift dash  (Read 902 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Sprucing up your pre facelift dash
« on: 08 October 2023, 11:20:44 AM »
This may be a bit of a crazy idea, but has anyone ever painted or wrapped parts of the centre of the dash (climate control panel around the buttons, cup holder panel, CD player and ashtray) to match the silver gear lever surround trim?

Had the idea of getting the trim that goes over the steering column and around the speedo/dials etc a carbon fibre finish, but that leaves this dour expanse of black plastic on the centre console area, so was wondering if anything could be done with that.

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Re: Sprucing up your pre facelift dash
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2023, 11:43:31 AM »
All I can seem to find are American sites offering LHD kits (mostly walnut or carbon fibre) for the whole dash, which I don't want, as it's just too over the top.

I only really want a kit for the centre part, but in the same silvery/aluminium finish as the gear lever surround trim, and the Hirsh style glovebox trim insert I have added since I got the car.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2023, 09:04:57 PM by Steve McF »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Sprucing up your pre facelift dash
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2023, 12:11:04 PM »
If you want to wrap it, you could take the four bits out. Cup holder. Aircon panel. CD changer and storage tray.

Three of them are fairly flat with few protrusions, so you could wrap them.  And, as you can get new button kits for the aircon panel, that should come apart, leaving just the bit whith holes in that you want to wrap.

But if it’s apart like that, I would think it would be easier to spray it with aluminium paint plus a coat of lacquer.  Then you could do the gear surround at the same time to ensure a match.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.