Author Topic: Vectra/Signum 3.0V6 TDi  (Read 5953 times)

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
Vectra/Signum 3.0V6 TDi
« on: 29 June 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
Is this the same engine that was in the 9-5's? If so, does it suffer from the same problems? Noticed that the Vauxhalls were available with autos, whereas the Saabs (assuming it is the same engine) were not..

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Vectra/Signum 3.0V6 TDi
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
Same engine. 

I think that the auto was omitted from the 9-5 because of space.

In the Vauxhall the engine is installed differently.  I've not seen one, but I don't think that the engine is tilted over so far which is what caused the Saab problems in the main. It made the original dipstick read high and so the engine was usually short of oil!!
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Guyver1

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2011, 06:02:37 AM »
I've just got shut of my 3.0V6 cdti signum, it was a great car with tons of extras as standard, BUT, the engine suffers with a SCV (suction control valve) problem which can occur at any time, cost me over £1200 to get it replaced and the car never drove as nice after it had been messed with, also you'll find that the Vauxhall dealers won't know much about it.

Have a look on www.vectra-c.com

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2011, 07:16:36 AM »
I've just got shut of my 3.0V6 cdti signum, it was a great car with tons of extras as standard, BUT, the engine suffers with a SCV (suction control valve) problem which can occur at any time, cost me over £1200 to get it replaced and the car never drove as nice after it had been messed with, also you'll find that the Vauxhall dealers won't know much about it.

Have a look on www.vectra-c.com

Maybe not a good idea going for the 3.0V6 TDi then  :o

Welcome to STT  :)