Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I put the battery tester on the battery and it said "Bad - 23%", but I'll check it again after a run as the tester requires a fully charged battery, and I'm not sure that it is.  If it is bad, it's not quite 4 years old and it has a five year guarantee,

I've dismantled the fuel pressure sensor again.  The engine light stayed off this morning, but came on on the way back home at lunchtime.  I had no problem with the fuel pressure release, not much fuel came out of the valve and none when I pulled the sensor out. More oddness.  I've left a slug of fuel system cleaner in overnight as it started to rain again...

I cannot find the connectors at the front for the fuel level sensor.  There's nothing that looks like the WIS.  I'll have to go in under the back when i can guarantee a warm few days.
The good news seems to be the floor and mat has dried out, so hopefully my temporary duck tape solution will keep it dry for now ;)

I am getting another pollen filter housing as the clips on mine are a bit knackered, so will hopefully get on and fit the replacement when I can, with a new seal etc ;)
Once there is water in the footwell,the next two things likely to fail are the fan control module(ACC only) and motor..
Quote from: sgould
The green indicator on the battery is there
learnt long time ago they mean squat,as it only covers one cell..
Had a brief go at the 9-3 fuel pressure. Bit of an odd one.  I cleared the codes with the "Car Scanner" and got the option to "Clear found codes" and "Clear all codes".  That may have been a mistake as the car refused to start.  All the sign of a flat battery.  I attached the booster pack and it started straight away.  The green indicator on the battery is there and turning the car off and trying to start on the battery alone was fine.  It must have confused something.  Hopefully just a fright.

Another oddity is that the CarScanner picked up a code for the failed fuel level sensor which Tech2 didn't.  It's P0463.  WIS says "Fault in wiring or component", which I had already surmised.  The engine light and code returned after a day.

But the codes are cleared and the engine light has stayed off for now.
Silly money, especially as the remap isn't done by Hirsch or a reputable Saab tuner which I would say would significantly devalue the car in my mind.
Yes, that's one of the most common causes of a damp footwell. Easily fixed with some new EPDM foam tape.
New Saab 9-5 (2010 on) / Re: 9-5 NG Rescue project
« Last post by carrera on 16 April 2024, 05:32:32 PM »
Well, another 250 miles on the car and what a difference small changes can make.

I am used to feeling the difference between  20' toe out and 10' toe in, but didn't expect to feel it so strongly on the road. The centering of the steering wheel (which means centering of the rack) has resulted in the adjustable power steering working properly, and feedback is more direct. Handling is much more similar to the 2.0 petrol as well, with better ability to carry speed round corners and the transition from a FWD bias to RWD under power more evident.

Immediately, whether due to the wheel alignment (reduction in scrub), non distorted discs causing some pad dragging, or simply she's getting used to more frequent driving cleaning the system/combustion chambers out, today's journey had me up at 43mpg, rather than the 37-38 for the same journey last week.

That's more in line with prior expectations, happier than yesterday  :thumbsup:

The trip computer can't do maths though. Last week a full tank was apparently good enough for 360 miles, and it stayed like that until less than 3/4 of a tank was remaining. This week it showed 480 miles, when the reality last week for a tankful was more like 580, this week 660
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Re: Flat spotted tyres.
« Last post by carrera on 16 April 2024, 05:19:21 PM »
Pump the tyres up above normal pressure and they should be OK

Let them deflate & be flat against the floor and there will likely be a permanent vibration in the future
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Re: Flat spotted tyres.
« Last post by TomPaine on 16 April 2024, 02:50:20 PM »
As Will says, pump them up to the max and they should be fine; and you say, rolling the wheels even a few inches and changing the contact patch will help. If you're really worried then of course you can always jack each corner up and rotate the wheel, and/or then lower it onto some foam matting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10