Author Topic: Starting problem in the morning, Saab 9-3 1.9 diesel starting issue  (Read 41818 times)

denpc

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Starting problem in the morning, Saab 9-3 1.9 diesel starting issue
« Reply #15 on: 05 October 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
Hi mate had exactly the same problem with my 93 (2006 1.9 tid) changed fuel filter pipes ect to no avail, followed advice from the vauxhall forum and changed the battery and hey presto no more problems, that was 2 months ago and still no return to the bad old days

razique

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
Today I am getting a new Starter Motor fitted car is in the garage. will update the outcome of my morning starting problem, hopefully it will resolve this problem. I am hoping this will solve my starting problem.

About the injector this was not for this car it was my brothers car a while back we no longer have that car.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 04:50:22 PM by razique »

razique

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
I went to the Saab dealer paid £70 for the diagnostic and to check the starting problem. I di tell them the strting issue and also told them that there are not code as i have had this checked. but they said they will do the ckecka nd some manual check and let me know what the issue is.

When I went next day to pick up the car they said there are no code but they did all the check they could and said it is the injectors 2nd and 3rd is the issue if i change them both issue will be fixed. I did not beleive that this could be the issue so I took it another small garage and he said its the starter motor issue and he said he will open the strter motor and check if it turns out and if he still thinks it is the starter motor then he will replace it and if this does not work then he will not charge me anything at all. So i left the car with him and he did exactly what he said then next day he called me to pick the car up and the car is now fixed after all it was the starter motor. Car now starts better then I have ever seen like a brand new car. sweet start so smoth to drive as well.

All I can say is that the dealers are a reap off scammer. just want you to spend money for nothing they dont know what they are talking abt..

john

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • 2020 Volvo S60 Polestar, 2020 BMW RNineT Scrambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2011, 07:26:37 PM »

All I can say is that the dealers are a reap off scammer. just want you to spend money for nothing they dont know what they are talking abt..

It is unwise to draw such a conclusion from one experience with one dealer.

razique

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
Yes I agree but I did speak to other Saab dealers and they all seem to think it is more likely to be the injectors, even though I did say that My starter is making noise and when i push start on 2nd gear i have no proble. but they kept on insisting that a dealer knows better and the starter motor cannot be causing morning starting problem. if it was the starter then it will be an issue all the time. Look now a local garage who is no expert in Saab fixed the issue by changing the starter motor, also you can see how confident he is on his diagnostic of starter motor being the problem he is willing to take the risk of not getting paid if the issue was not resolved after changing the motor. even after he changed the motor and kept the car overnight to test and he said its all fine and working. When i went to pickup the car he said to me to take the car and run it for few days and then come back and pay for the starter motor. how better service can u get...

prestonsaab

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
had same problem with mine turned out to be glow plug relay try that £40 new from vauxhall dealer same engine and all.

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
Welcome to STT prestonsaab :)