Author Topic: 9-3 Aero V6 Re-mapped  (Read 5387 times)

DelticDaz

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
9-3 Aero V6 Re-mapped
« on: 19 November 2011, 10:17:47 AM »
Hi again.....

Just bought a 56 plate 9-3 Aero 2.8 V6 Convertible which has been remapped, which I must say acceleration wise is absolutly

frightening/ ridiculous and the fuel consumption is not brilliant......

So how do I get it back to standard (250 bhp), is this something that SAAB can do with Tech 2.??

Cheers Daz

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: 9-3 Aero V6 Re-mapped
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2011, 11:17:22 AM »
It's probably the Hirsch upgrade, if it was done under the warranty.  A dealer can remove it.  We're any other mods done? Springs? Grille? Trim?

If it is the Saab approved Hirsch upgrade, it will be efficient, so I doubt you will improve the fuel consumption.  If you don't use the extra performance you won't be going to the thirsty upper reaches of that performance.  So going back to standard could remove he efficiency and fuel consumption might actually be worse. The 2.8 is a thirsty beast.  Each one has its own hole in the ozone layer!
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

DelticDaz

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2011, 04:03:43 PM »
Its not been Hirsched....previous owner said he had it remapped....theres no Hirsch badges or stickers on the car....

How do I get it back to standard...??

Cheers Daz

Saabman

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 20
  • 9-3 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2011, 06:41:25 AM »
In that case then you would need to find the original tuner and see if they still have your orignal map on file, or as you say a Saab dealer or specalist will be able to re-flash with Tech11

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
You may not be able to reflash with Tech-II it gets fussy about flashing things that already show the latest version installed. Depending on who tuned it and what that particular ECU says you may be able to pull data from the ECU with Tech-II to see if they've added their own version string to the software to find out who they were. Also, are you certain it wasn't Hirsched? I've known of quite a few that have been tuned with a Hirsch remap and they have no stickers or identifying features at all.

philmots

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 1
  • 9-3 2.8T Aero ~ 300hp/390lbft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
A dealer can find out if a car has been Hirsched as its recorded on the system. Will have the date it was done.

If it's not been Hirsched then I'd want to find out who has done it to make sure was done well.

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
Its not been Hirsched....previous owner said he had it remapped....theres no Hirsch badges or stickers on the car....

How do I get it back to standard...??

Cheers Daz

The previous owner should have something on paper. You do need to know how many extra horses there are.

Er..., if not least because many insurance companies ask how much extra power has been added, so they can stiff you additional premium...

(Why do they always ask about the bhp, when the torque is more relevant to real world driving? ::))

CitTone

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 11
  • 9-5TE 2.3T Estate (Rain) 9-3 2.0t 'vert (Shine)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
(Why do they always ask about the bhp, when the torque is more relevant to real world driving? ::))

Why is a tuned 2.2TiD more expensive to insure than a standard 260bhp petrol? Is mystery, no?

(No...it's Because They Can)
Nobody likes a smartarse - until they need one.