Author Topic: Removing sump on 9-5 - RTV !  (Read 4621 times)

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Removing sump on 9-5 - RTV !
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2020, 12:49:46 PM »
The garage is open again and we have had a sensible discussion.

The service manager doesn't understand why that strainer was fitted / refitted. Not in the employees interests to refit a butchered strainer, or to butcher one off his own back. The other point, is that from a cost perspective, it's cheaper to simply bang a new strainers on than spend the time cleaning them up like we would.

Service manager asked if I had experienced any problems or what the previous filter looked like. I told him about the oil light flicker on idle when hot and on cornering, and that those had now been eliminated. Couldn't advise on the previous filter as there hadn't been one, and yes, I know it should have had an oil change done before now, more miles on the spare than I realised.

The guy who did the job has retired now so not easy to ask. If the SM, or I see him we will ask. 
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2003 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon, 2004 Nocturne Blue 2.2 diesel estate, 2006 & 2008 Black Aero saloons, 1998 9000 CSE with Aero engine, 9-5 NG Aero XWD Turbo4, 9-5 NG Aero XWD TTiD