Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
the sponge on my tube fell apart long before the product was all used - I've had it for about 13 years.

:o :o ;D ;D ;D

What else would one expect?  ;D
I did the plugs and coils on the Carlsson last weekend.  The brake vac hose had been broken and glued, so I had to stick that together.

Bit of a fiddly job, but not too bad.
Resurrecting this... not actually today but at the weekend I have a couple of good fixes- filled and bandaged the corroded flange joint on the 9-5 exhaust so it doesn't sound like its got a bad case of flatulence any more.

And the real win... I've had an annoying rattle on the 9000 for some time. In the past I found it was due to the heatshield on the cat having come loose but the fix I last did with stainless cable ties was holding. I couldn't see anything obvious but I knew it was the NS that caused more grief so it tried thumping the wheel and heard a rattle. As luck would have it, the aperture of the Super Aeros was just in the right place for me to notice that the caliper was missing the retaining spring. Grabbed a spare from thE garage and all is quiet again now. Bliss!l
Someone showed me today that you can use black shoe polish - the liquid type that comes in a container with the foam sponge applicator pad on the end of it. Apparently it works well :) And is much cheaper.

What colour is this trim on the bottom of the bumper supposed to be?

Brown tan  :)....

only kidding...its black. But your right, back to black/forever black do look quite a lot like the stuff you use n your shoes - but one tube will last forever - in fact, the sponge on my tube fell apart long before the product was all used - I've had it for about 13 years.
Steve, be aware that shoe polish may contain petroleum products that can harm plastics.

Having said that I do know of people still using Cherry or Kiwi boot polish to shine the rubber bumpered MGs of the mid to late 1970s  ::)

I got My Midget back in April last year and I was guilty of using Kiwi polish back in the day too - but in spite of that, the bumpers don't look like they have been damaged by that practice.

However, more modern plastics? You never know...
Someone showed me today that you can use black shoe polish - the liquid type that comes in a container with the foam sponge applicator pad on the end of it. Apparently it works well :) And is much cheaper.

What colour is this trim on the bottom of the bumper supposed to be?
I have been using AutoGlym Black Dye to colour the plastic.  It lasts a lot longer than Bumper Care.  It comes in an Aerosol spray and says that you should mask off, but I spray into a small container and rub it into the plastic with a cloth (and I wear vinyl gloves).  I get a bit on the paintwork, but that wipes off with some AutoGlym Intensive Tar and Adhesive remover.

Some don't like it (which I don't understand) but I got striking results with Forever Black -  you'll need to mask the areas to be treated off from the paintwork.
I found it lasted well over 18 months before it needed re-doing. My black trim was almost white/grey when I applied it and I was impressed with the result and longevity

The exteror plastic trim was very faded, and came up very well with Bumper Care, apart from the trim along the bottom of the rear bumper, which looks like it may be too far gone in terms of fadedness!!!!! It didn't radically change colour or get magically darker like all the other exterior trim, so not sure what I can do with it. Any suggestions gratefully received (see pic below).

Back to Black - works on the wing mirror mounts too.
I think what Hirsch are saying is that if you donít officially remove the upgrade from the old ECU, the licence stays with it.  Otherwise you could sell the old ECU and get another - free?? - upgrade on the new one.  Thatís no different from the Maptuner.  As I understand it, the Maptuner box is permanently linked to your VIN once the upgrade is installed.  You canít install the upgrade and sell the box on.

In theory though you should just be able to use the maptuner on the new ECU if it is coded to your vin, there are other protections you can put in the software to make it impossible to reprogram to a new car from there as you can make any attempt to change just the vin fail by screwing with the checksum routines which mean the only way you can reprogram the ECU is with a full flash of the original software.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10