Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Classic Saab 9-5 (MY 1998-2010) / Re: Edna non OEM head unit integration
« Last post by sgould on Today at 08:53:33 AM »
I didnít remove the head lining.  I just tucked the wire under the edge and then ran it down the windscreen pillar.
The GPS aerial has a Fakra connector at the other end under the sharkfin.  You could run a longer cable from there.  I did that with the DAB & FM/AM aerials, but the new satnav I got (Kenwood) had the grey connector.

Ä20 to save me the hassle of removing the headlining to run a cable to the sharkfin is Ä20 well spent

W
« Last post by fka on Today at 12:41:35 AM »
I've not had a problem with the adapter, head unt's getting a good strength signal.
The first meeting of the Beds Bucks and Herts group in 2018 will be for lunch at the Ace Cafe on Sat 13th January.

Ace Cafe is on the North Circular Rd, London NW10 7UD.
« Last post by sgould on 23 November 2017, 11:44:16 PM »
The GPS aerial has a Fakra connector at the other end under the sharkfin.  You could run a longer cable from there.  I did that with the DAB & FM/AM aerials, but the new satnav I got (Kenwood) had the grey connector.
« Last post by weetabixface on 23 November 2017, 09:40:58 PM »
Thanks for that

W
« Last post by fka on 23 November 2017, 08:43:43 PM »
Hey!
It's a GT5 female connector so you need a GT5 male to SMA male adapter. Assuming the GPS connector on your head unit is SMA rather than SMB or SMC.

http://www.adaptershop.de/Antennenadapter/Adapterkabel/Antennenadapter-GT5-M-auf-SMA-M-Adapter-Stecker-Kabel-LAN-WiFi-NAVI-GSM-GPS-DAB::1691.html

« Last post by weetabixface on 23 November 2017, 08:04:09 PM »
half an hour with a soldering iron to get loom for the unit sorted so into the car for a test, all powered up and I manged not to blow the OEM power amp so I obviously turned the pots on the on the amplifier interface the right way

the OEM denso unit has a GPS input from the shark fin, can anyone identify this type of  connector, I though they would use fakra on the GPS connector but looks not to be the case

the square grey thing in this image

Well after fiddling about in the cold today dismantling the front left wheel arch to get at the leaking windscreen washer tank in order to replace stupid 'O' rings on the elbow off the pump (whose silly design idea was that!),  I finally got round to fitting the new battery...

All went very smoothly with no problems encountered either removing it or installing the new one; and setting up the clock, keys etc all went as advertised.
However I was a bit gobsmacked at the amount of detritus that had found its way under the cover and into the battery compartment; dead leaves; spiders; twigs; bits of old cardboard from somewhere. No dead pedestrians or road-kill though.
So for anyone venturing into the darkest depths of their battery compartment, arm yourself with a vacuum cleaner  ;D

The engine now spins on the starter seriously faster with the new battery installed, so hopefully the problem of struggling starts is completely solved.

ICM2 & seven speakers was was standard on the Vector Sport, but common on the Vector too.  But an option on the Aero, which was quite poorly specified apart from the engine and seats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10