Author Topic: Rear Spring Seats  (Read 3784 times)

warptechno

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • 9-3 Aero 2.0T 2004
    • View Profile
Rear Spring Seats
« on: 01 July 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
Hi All

Does any kind soul know if Vectra C rear spring seats fit my 93 Aero 2.0T 2004 model as they are badly cracked and perished.  If so, are all Vectra C models compatible? 

Many thanks as always...

Rickl

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Spring Seats
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2013, 04:49:14 PM »
Hello,
Yes they will fit.  I changed mine about 2 years ago when the Saab ones disintegrated.  Mine were supplied and fitted by my daughter's boyfriend, who is a mechanic with a police force, so works on numerous cars.  I believe the correct Vauxhall part no. is 24422968.  Maybe pop into a friendly Vauxhall dealer and ask.  Note there are two types; you need the one without a plastic insert (i.e. the part no. above). Several people have done this.

HTH :)
Rick

warptechno

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • 9-3 Aero 2.0T 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2013, 09:34:25 AM »
Cheers for the reply Rick, been searching everywhere but not a lot of info on this part.  I'll look into it and get a couple ordered.

Thanks again.

Dave  ;)

Rickl

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
Hi Dave,
No probs.  Just make sure you check inside the Vauxhall bump stop to check there is not a plastic insert  ( I think these are for the Astra).  I got the part no from here:

http://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/151809-Rear-bump-stops

I also changed the upper spring seat at the same time, but this was not really necessary.

Cheers

Rick