Author Topic: Error Codes  (Read 4131 times)

Smellmet

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Error Codes
« on: 10 August 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
Finally got my code reader today, after months of procrastination and driving round with the engine light on, it came up with 2 codes - P0244, which in the handbook says its a Turbo Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance, and P2227 which isn't in the handbook at all - can anyone shed any light on these codes and what they mean? Needless to say I got the machine to erase the codes, so I can keep an eye on things and see if they return.

Car is a 2004 9-3 2.2 TiD Arc, 113k, car drives perfect, getting well over 50mpg on motorway runs, no smoke or any symptoms that anythings wrong other than the engine light which comes on every few days

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Error Codes
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
Welcome! :)

I'm not with my computer at the moment.  If no one has answered this, I'll try and remember to look when I get home.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
Hello Smellmet and welcome to the forum  ;)

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
After a quick browse around t'web the common issue to these codes appears to be an air leak somewhere, so I'd start by checking all hoses (intake and vacuum) for any splits.

Smellmet

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
Cheers for that, as long as its nothing too serious and I can just keep clearing the error with the machine for now