Author Topic: Probably soon for sale - 9-5 Aero estate auto  (Read 1807 times)

mikeloadsasaabs

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 18
  • Was 9-5 Aero auto estate with Maptun Stage 1
    • View Profile
Probably soon for sale - 9-5 Aero estate auto
« on: 06 August 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
Well. most regulars know about this car! We're looking at replacing it in the near future, in fact, if all goes well we'll be ordering the replacement next week. But selling a RHD car in Austria might be tricky, so I'm thinking it might be of interest to someone in the UK. I'd be happy to drive it over if anyone has a real interest, but not just for a tyre kicking exercise!  :o Having said that, I'm not looking for a "sight unseen" commitment to buy before I travel.

If anyone is interested, or has specific questions, please let me know. I won't be looking at silly money, I'm aware that it's only really of interest for potentially parts (it's got some good kit), or for someone who wouldn't mind fixing it up as a DIY job. But to be clear, it's in daily use and has no issues that would prevent it getting an MOT in the UK. I wouldn't hesitate to hit the autobahn with it tomorrow.

I can also arrange some pictures if required. I haven't bothered yet as this is just dipping the toe in the water.

Brief details:
2004MY (reg. Sept 2003) 9-5 Aero estate automatic in gun metal silver, with Hirsch suspension and Maptun Stage 1 265BHP, 420Nm

Very high spec including:
leather heated and ventilated seats, both electrically adjustable, drivers with memory - all working
electrically folding and heated wing mirrors - all working except that the passenger side won't fold any more
Harmann Kardon (sp?) AS3 audio with integrated satnav - audio section is fine, but the satnav should be discounted as it freezes and is 10 years out of date
17" alloys - genuine Saab new replacements fitted about 18 months ago. Michelin Primacies all round, rear new in April, fronts about 5mm tread
removeable towbar
full set of carpet mats and also rubber mats

The good bits:
still runs well
has been owned by us for 8 years and been extremely reliable
oil and filter change every 6000 miles with either Mobil 1 or recently Shell Helix Ultra
new plugs every year
air filter change every two years
aircon blows cold, and the cabin ventilation filter was changed last year
no known issues with auto gearbox, fluid changed at 75k and 150k (so now due but still looks "as new" in a bright cherry red)
new alternator just fitted
new crankcase ventilation valve last year
new CPS last year
new rear bushes on the front subframe in May 2015
new link rods on the front (ARB to wishbone) about 3 years ago, but one replaced again last November (unnecessarily, as the garage that did the MOT mistook the subframe bush issue for a suspension issue)
new DI in 2011 (also have a working spare)
new battery earlier this year
new DS2500 pads earlier this year
new rear pads and discs about 18 months ago
steering rack replaced about 3 years ago (low mileage second hand item)
new fuel filter in May 2015

The bad bits:
It's currently covered just under 228,000 miles
Front bumper and spoiler tatty and cracked - needs to be replaced, but no collateral damage in the area on the bodywork
Some rust round the rear wheel arches
Head gasket leaking externally at the timing cover - compression tested by garage as OK, and coolant checked for exhaust gas content by garage, but none present, so the internals are sound (Saabtech gave me a rough price of 1000+VAT to replace head gasket and timing gear)
Xenon warning light comes on occasionally, but goes off after a while and the headlights work fine
it's RHD but currently registered in Austria, so would need re-registering in the UK on a 53 plate. Please note that it has LHD headlamps, so they might need replacing (depending on whether the MOT station allow converters - or you could just wind them down and they probably wouldn't notice  :P )
The black on the door mirror bases is lifting, and there is some corrosion underneath

Good or bad :-)
Still has lots of original mechanics - turbo (no whistles or known problems), aircon mechanics, exhaust (has looked like it needs replacing for as long as I can remember), starter, water pump, radiator

« Last Edit: 06 August 2015, 10:32:58 PM by mikeloadsasaabs »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 314
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Probably soon for sale - 9-5 Aero estate auto
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2015, 11:34:45 PM »
Any idea of price?  In case anyone I know is interested.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

mikeloadsasaabs

• Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2015, 04:47:36 PM »
Ah, now that's a tough one Will! To make it worth bringing to the UK, there will need to be 4 digits before the decimal point......

I've spent 1350 euros on the new alternator and subframe bushes in the last three months :-(

I should also have said that I have a set of unused genuine Saab front brake pads, a new xenon sensor for the rear axle, and 6 oil filters I could throw in if they were wanted, plus a set of genuine Saab roof bars.

mikeloadsasaabs

• Aero
    • View Profile
Soon for sale - 9-5 Aero estate auto
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
Replacement now ordered - Honda CR-V - so the car will definitely be for sale, hopefully not for spares although there is some good usable kit there. Likely to be available in October. Buy now to beat the rush  :P

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • :) I said Twin Turbo mate - Yes 2 on em
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2015, 09:07:11 AM »
Good luck with selling Mike. I hope you get reasonable money for all your hard work on it.

I saw my old 55 Reg 2.2 TiD Vector Sport Est last week. Sold that to chap 2 and half years ago now and it had 130k on it and went to and from Brussels from Norfolk every week. A year ago he had done 245k so must be high now and still looked as good as the day I sold it.......................:(
Who said diesels dead - mine goes allriot

Geoff1951

• Carlsson
  • Number of thanks: 21
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
Jim, just remind yourself why you sold it...

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • :) I said Twin Turbo mate - Yes 2 on em
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Oh yes - Saab had gone bust and parts were not about and mine needed headlamp levelers to pass MOT - He got them in Belgium! Oh yeh and clutch about to go...........

Thanks Geoff - it did look good though :)
Who said diesels dead - mine goes allriot