Author Topic: Locking issue 0n 2007 9-5  (Read 208 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 331
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Locking issue 0n 2007 9-5
« on: 25 July 2020, 10:21:57 PM »
A couple of time recently the car has stayed locked when I remove the key. The centre of the ignition key is popping up.

I am trapped in the car because the internal lock switch doesn't do anything either, and pulling up the button in the door doesn't do anything either.  I've manager to get out by putting the key back in and turning the ignition on and off, then the car unlocks when I remove the key.

It's intermittent which makes diagnosis harder, but anyone else had something like this?  If the weather is fine tomorrow, and I finish grouting the tiles in the bathroom, i will have a play.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Talladega
  • Number of thanks: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Locking issue 0n 2007 9-5
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
Well the first thing I would do would be to get Tech 2 out and change the locking options so that the car does not lock automatically.

If the internal manual lock switch isn't working, then it could just be poor internal connections that need a bit of a clean, as on my green car, or if it's mechanically fine, then you need to look at the TWICE module.

In the end though, on the assumption that the unlock signal is a combination of the detection of ignition off and key removed, then it would seem that the key removed signal is the bit that's missing. In which case it's back to our old friend the ignition switch and the contacts within it.

Is the radio staying on ?
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2003 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon, 2004 Nocturne Blue 2.2 diesel estate

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 331
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Locking issue 0n 2007 9-5
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
Iíll try and check at more leisure next time it happens.  Yesterday I was in a hurry and just tried the key on and off, which worked.  Bathroom is a priority at the moment. 
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.