Author Topic: 04 9-5 saloon as2 audio upgrade (Read 1838 times)  (Read 44 times)

hardus77

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
04 9-5 saloon as2 audio upgrade (Read 1838 times)
« on: 17 May 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
hi all , just recently picked up for buttons a braw 9-5 2.2 tid vector , appears to be as2 speakers with the premium head unit , i'm wanting to install a kenwood unit (single din) with usb & 3.5mm jack , ive asked various places for advice , tried to find a page by mittegett or something , been redirected through angry kitchen appliances to the same dead link  :-[
ive read some places folk speak of just swapping the head & bobs your auntie , and ive read some elaborate jobs people have gone through to install touch screens on an as3 system  ;D

can anyone shed any usefull light on thos veritable myriad of a subject ????????

Many thanks ye all  8)

weetabixface

• SST paid up supporter
  • Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • '58 9-5 Aero Estate
    • View Profile
Re: 04 9-5 saloon as2 audio upgrade (Read 1838 times)
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2019, 01:45:32 PM »

I went form a denso nav to an android touch screen unit with DAB etc. used an ISO integration harness so it was basically plug and play

IIRC only wire cutting and crimping that was required was to set up the steering wheel keys to talk to the new head unit

take a look at https://www.justcarkits.co.uk/index.html or https://incartec.co.uk/ for an appropriate ISO integration harness for your car

W

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 313
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: 04 9-5 saloon as2 audio upgrade (Read 1838 times)
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2019, 03:39:20 PM »
I fitted a Kenwood unit to my AS3 system.  It was a while ago and the connection harnesses were not available for the Saab satnav unit.  So I just cut the wires and crimped everything in.

Have a look at www.incartec.co.uk and www. connects2.co.uk for the various bits.

The mitteget site seems to have been taken down.  it was a useful resource...

The main issue with the install is that most harnesses use the spraker outlets from the new head unit.  You really need to find a head unit with RCA/phono connectors which are one third the power.  It's line level which the Saab amp expects.  but the Saab unit expects a balanced feed with no earth between the head unit and amp.  A pair of ground loop isolators will sort that.

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.