Author Topic: Saabcentral.com sold out ?  (Read 108 times)

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 10
    • View Profile
Saabcentral.com sold out ?
« on: 31 August 2019, 09:48:17 PM »
While reading the internet (well the Saab bit of it) I see that Saabcentral have sold out and is now a VerticalScope site  :'(

Having looked at the internet archive it seems to have happened in the past two weeks with a move away from vBulletin software, so that's another site that will now be bloated, full of ads and less use to the Saab community.

Unless of course it's just a change of software and full embracing of Vertical scope corporate uselessness, either way the effect is the same.

I'm glad STT is here  :thumbsup:
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2002 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon

Audax

• SST paid up supporter
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 201
    • View Profile
Re: Saabcentral.com sold out ?
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2019, 11:12:41 PM »
It's just the passing of time, to be honest, since the last car Saab made was 7 or 8 years ago.... there is very little "new" to contribute to forums, it's the same problems and the same answers. Saab were not exactly cutting edge when they went under so any new information is unusual. It's why I am cutting down on my contributions to the forums as most questions have already been answered hundreds of times! So having a forum move from one set of software to new with a different set of ads is unlikely to change much.

aerojon

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Saabcentral.com sold out ?
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2019, 05:52:38 PM »
SC has been part of VS for some years now..