Author Topic: List of parts suppliers  (Read 27568 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Re: List of parts suppliers
« Reply #15 on: 07 December 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
I just read some people on Facebook going on about how they didn't think you could get some things, or that they were very expensive.

I remember 9-5 DI cassettes were down to around £150 when I last had my 9-5 some 11 years ago. However, someone was quoting £250+ for one the other day.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2017, 10:52:22 AM »
Well, there's three things that would explain the price difference for a DI. First of all 11 years ago most stuff was cheaper, secondly we devalued our currency in the UK by 20% in the past 2 years so imported items cost 20% more. Third, Saab were discounting the price of the DI back then as they'd had a huge number of failures and they didn't want to charge too much. I'd say £250 is quite competitive now for a complicated part that was £150 11 years ago.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #17 on: 08 December 2017, 08:55:22 AM »
Oxford SAAB Service at Cumnor in Oxford are okay; I managed to persuade them to fit an EGR valve that a friend had given me after mine started playing up (even though I'd had it to pieces and fixed it twice).

Oxford Service is now under the Maserati wings which I found a bit of a surprise last time I visited - but they haven't been able to make my car perform like a Maserati  ;D

I've never used Belsyre in Oxford for fear of the expense mentioned by Collywobble; are they still regarded as expensive?

jasman

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2019, 05:05:01 PM »
Try using Carpol in Slough, they helped my on my Saab repair.