Author Topic: Additional Sky email accounts  (Read 2815 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Additional Sky email accounts
« on: 22 January 2021, 05:47:06 PM »
Hi all,

I have an email account with Sky, and I wanted to set up a separate email address to use with something specific, and to prevent emails getting lost in the sea of rubbish I get to my normal address (despite unsubscribing from a lot of it!!!)

I was looking on the Sky website, and in the My Account section, even just for an email address or chat function where I could ask the question, but Sky's website sends me round the twist, as they seem reluctant to allow you to make any contact with a human being, unless via a phone number which is buried so far into the website that you struggle to find it!!!!! There is an endless supply of "Help" pages which don't include the topic you are looking for!!!!

Has anyone managed to set up more than one email address with Sky, or should I just sign up with Hotmail or Yahoo, or someone else?

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Sky email accounts
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2021, 06:28:42 PM »
Do you not have a Google account and use Gmail? If you're getting an Android phone you'll pretty much need one anyway!

I wouldn't ever use provider based email either, too much trouble to migrate everything if you ever wanted to move on.

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2021, 12:51:46 PM »
Hi Steve, the Sky Community forum - helpforum.sky.com - has a couple of posts confirming that you can't have an additional email address.

Gmail does the job for me. It's free and you can have as many as you need.

(I still have a BT email address but that's because I have their broadband, but use Gmail across all my devices, even my Microsoft account for Windows.

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2021, 12:51:08 AM »
Actually I do have a gmail account that I don't use - obviously set up when signing up to Google things years ago.

But I need an email account that I can use to be sent stuff specifically for uploading to official website and Facebook sites. I have just stepped down as a town councillor, but offered to carry on doing some of the stuff I did before, which will mean they need to send stuff to me via a private email address (as I lose my council email account). My own email gets all sorts of stuff including messages from our energy provider, Sky, Ebay, and many more, meaning that I might overlook some stuff. So if I set up a new email address, I can set that up in Outlook on my laptop to receive those emails in the same way my old council email address does now.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2021, 11:30:43 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand the problem really, but just setup outlook to get the email from gmail then?

Steve McF

• Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2021, 11:37:55 AM »
Well I just wanted to set up an additional Sky account if I could - set up Outlook on my laptop to receive emails from that address instead of the soon to be defunct email account. It doesn't have to be Sky - using the gmail account might just be the way to go.

But I get annoyed when I want to contact Sky (about anything) and they don't have a simple chat faciility or email contact address on their website, forcing you to waste time trying to find it!!!

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2021, 02:09:35 PM »
To be honest after the "experience" I had with sky in the past I would *never* use their services again. I'd say avoiding anything to do with them sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Just add the gmail address to your outlook and use that. Should only take a few minutes to set up.

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2021, 12:57:38 AM »
May be easier to just get another clean account - GMX sign up etc is easy. German company so less Silicon Valley monitoring

https://www.gmx.co.uk

Regards

David
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2003 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon, 2004 Nocturne Blue 2.2 diesel estate, 2006 & 2008 Black Aero saloons, 1998 9000 CSE with Aero engine, 9-5 NG Aero XWD Turbo4, 9-5 NG Aero XWD TTiD

nathangardner

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2021, 10:13:22 AM »
Gmail is pretty good choice. I've been using one email for personal use and other one for all subscriptions I have to avoid mixing them up.

wrighar

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2021, 10:11:21 PM »
Have a BT acct (and my ISP)
An old Paston.co.uk account from 1995
and 2 domains where each can have 1000 email addresses.
Oh and my Googlemail one.

I just use Thunderbird to manage, sent/receive everything