Author Topic: Relocating your Parrot!!!!  (Read 1574 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Relocating your Parrot!!!!
« on: 13 September 2020, 02:42:30 PM »
Keep wondering about changing the dash surround with another I get painted or dipped.

However, the Parrot hands free display is currently fitted on the driver's side air vent, and I'd rather move it somewhere else if I can, but not sure where would be best without looking rubbish.

Any ideas, or can one get a different type of display for these systems?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Relocating your Parrot!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2020, 03:31:07 PM »
When I fitted theone in our 9-3, I put the display flat on the top of the gear surround, at the front. It was the best look, but the alternative could be to put in on the door sill so you can reach a button, and then use voice control.  And set it to auto answer.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
Have you got any pics Will?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2020, 08:46:58 PM »
Only a couple and not really much help :( 

I did the install in a hurry years ago because it was in my wife's car.  She doesn't really use a car phone, but she felt she ought to have one as I had just come out of hospital following a heart attack.

I know that I just tucked the cable under the edge of the rubber mat in the cubby under the ashtray and stuck the control unit in front of that on a flat bit of white plastic.  I did consider making a bracket, so it sat up a bit, but my wife said that she wouldn't touch it on the move, and it would be fine down there because she would be parked if she used it.  If I called, it would auto answer. I did call a few times and she parked up as soon as she could.

There's a picture of the rubber mat
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2020, 09:23:49 PM »
I did a number of installs for parrot systems back in the day (nearly 10 years ago now!), I think I would put the controls just in front of the gear lever like Will or there's a space on the dash board next to the night panel button but it can be slightly more difficult to see the screen on the parrot then.