Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Saab 9-5 (2010 on) / Re: 9-5 NG Rescue project
« Last post by carrera on 27 March 2024, 11:20:32 PM »
Not so many in my neck of the woods, I must have most of them  ;D
« Last post by sgould on 27 March 2024, 10:04:36 PM »
I found this, but it doesn't give any model split.  But it does show regional distribution.

https://www.autoinsider.co.uk/cars/saab/reports/regions
« Last post by carrera on 27 March 2024, 07:24:11 PM »
Yeah, I understand the point, not much to be done if a dealer registers an AWD as not being an AWD alternative, but when it comes to trim level they should have a good idea and the engine / gearbox are important for CO2 based road tax, so should be of a decent quality

I had previously a look at the generic "Saab 9-5" listing, and while there are a few, none of them appear to be from the NG years. I think the engine size / model description generally helps there

Still, it's the best information we have, unless Saab GB have disclosed their information somewhere
« Last post by sgould on 27 March 2024, 06:43:24 PM »
Looks to be very rare :D

But "How Many Left"  are in the hands of the original dealers who described the car on the original registration document.
« Last post by carrera on 27 March 2024, 06:33:45 PM »
Whisper... in which way

Suggesting I move this on, now it's fixed & I'm looking forward to the comparison with the Turbo4, or suggestion for another project to keep me busy & out of trouble  ;D

This is apparently an incrediby rare car, even before you consider the panoramic roof

How many left, or indeed How many registered. I had no idea.
« Last post by sgould on 27 March 2024, 05:26:53 PM »
Whisper...

There's a guy on the facebook page of the Saab Owners Club looking for a diesel NG 9-5 as his has just been written off...........  :)
« Last post by carrera on 26 March 2024, 08:51:15 PM »
Excellent - been following this with interest (and hope).

Thanks, I like to try to create a halfway interesting story, that may serve as a bit of a reference for the future.

MOT is booked for 5th April

I was hoping for Saturday or next Tuesday, but apparently they aren't working on Saturday & are busy because of something called Easter

Today I ordered a new cover for the DPF valve as there is still a (very) minor leak and an idler pulley for the drivebelt, taking a guess that it is this, rather than the tensioner which is making a little bit of noise when cold
« Last post by TomPaine on 26 March 2024, 11:03:19 AM »
Excellent - been following this with interest (and hope).
New Saab 9-5 (2010 on) / Re: Another Ng 9-5 joins the forum
« Last post by carrera on 26 March 2024, 09:14:12 AM »
Little update:

The oil was on 3/4

Topped it up and on restarting the screeching at fast idle was gone, though it did return as a little boost was applied.

Perplexing as this indicates oil starvation to the turbo, but not the engine as there have been no oil pressure warnings. The sump is a different design to the TTiD as well, so not the same problem ???
New Saab 9-5 (2010 on) / Re: Another Ng 9-5 joins the forum
« Last post by carrera on 26 March 2024, 08:43:06 AM »
One step forward, one step back.

Having done the sump drop on the TTid, I set off for home.

There was a screeching from the car upon startup, which I rapidly discovered was turbo speed related.

Oil level is fine, strange that it appears to have failed so rapidly. Started the car this morning and its just the same, screwdriver as a stethoscope. I doubt the oil feed pipes are blocked

She was running so sweetly. Is she jealous of the TTid, or simply in a massive sulk because I visited a Vauxhall dealer yesterday  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10