Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Main Stealers can be quite uncooperative can't they... anyway, how did the MOT go ?

Drum roll.....

Well....guess what??!!!

The car was taken away before 7am yesterday, and every time I messaged my son to see if he'd heard anything, there was no news :o Until I was on my way home from work, and the Missus said the car had just been dropped back home around 4.30ish, and had passed!!!!! I was eager to get home and see that list of advisories.....but, again, guess what? There were none!!! That is 4 clean MOTs this car has had!!!  :thumbsup:

So remaining jobs are to get that rear parking sensor kit fitted, and to get that paint from Paintstore and sort out the front bumper now that I have rubbed down all the lacquer peel!!! Oh and we think the battery is on its way out, so he may go and get a new one.

My son immediately got it taxed and insured last night - he even got a much lower premium than he had previously been quoted (maybe because he had just turned 18 - he was quoted around £2800 - £3000 before, but got a premium of around £2000 in the end!!!

He'll be out and about cruising round in it today no doubt!!!!  ::) ;D ;D
There was a time when some Vauxhall dealers would only supply parts against a model/VIN number.  If you asked by part number they would refuse to sell in case you were going to install it on a Saab.  The same part was probably twice the price, or more, from a Saab dealer.
Main Stealers can be quite uncooperative can't they... anyway, how did the MOT go ?

Drum roll.....
Well after rebuilding the interior trim following sealing up the panel joints and cracked body sealant under the roof rails, I made a start on the peeling lacquer. I have got it all smooth now, but unfortunately some of the base coat came off too in the process.

I went to the Ford dealer to get the paint code, and they wouldn't give it to me, although they confirmed the colour name. They also confirmed it was discontinued and they couldn't supply aerosols etc. So off I went to our local Paintstore, who have been very good in the past when I've used them. They said the tango metallic was a standard Ford colour they could supply, but there were two or three slightly different shades, and ideally it would be good to bring the car to them so they could determine which one to mix up.

With number 1 son turning 18 yesterday, he has been desperate to get the car back on the road. So fixing the paint isn't the highest priority at the moment, getting the MOT, and then sorting tax and insurance is the important thing. So today, the car is in for MOT - we are desperately hoping it will pass, or at least need very little to get it through. But watch this space......

Once the car is running legally, I'll be back to Paintstore with it ;). In the meantime, whilst I was at Paintstore, I got some Saab 170 black made up for my Aero to hopefully have a go at painting an new aerial cover I have, and a front bumper spoiler ;) Got some plastic primer too for the aerial and bare bits of bumper we have on the Focus now  ::)
New Saab 9-5 (2010 on) / Re: Another Ng 9-5 joins the forum
« Last post by sgould on 13 May 2024, 11:39:02 PM »
Some of those are quite expensive!  But may seem cheap if Hedin come up with an "official" repair. 
In that case I think you should consider staying in the passenger seat  ;)
« Last post by carrera on 13 May 2024, 10:18:37 PM »
Lots of well engineered solutions here

https://hblom.se/produkt-kategori/ng9-5/

At a price

My brake light fix cost me £6, the first light bar about a tenner, with plenty of spares left over
« Last post by sgould on 13 May 2024, 09:27:47 PM »
It's a shame that the 9-5 was a short lived model.  The light bar would surely have been improved as time went on.
He probably could, but I'm planning to get under and apply a full underseal later.  Just no time this month for a longer job.  I won't be starting it before I get back from Trollhättan on 10th June.

The issue has been a bit more difficult today.  I cleared the codes on Friday.  OH has been using the car while I've been at Saab meets on Saturday and Sunday.  There's no code come back yet.  Not even a Pending code, and they were coming back almost immediately last week :roll:  Just a wait and see now.  The last time the codes went off for a period, it was two years before they returned...
Those connectors are actually qute good at keepng water out, if I recall correctly, they look very similar to the OG9-5 connectors for the Lambda sensors & CPS

Can Joe just pull the connector off while it's being examined for the MOT. It'll save getting the lift equipment out for you, at least for that job.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10